marcus evans linguarama (hereinafter ”we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The responsible body for the processing of personal data within the scope of our website and in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
Linguarama International Ltd .. UK based
Our Data Protection Officer is:
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We collect information from you in order to fulfil our contractual obligations and also so that we can keep you informed from time to time by email, text, telephone, or mail about relevant news, information, products and services offered by marcus evans linguarama and its affiliates/related companies which we believe may be of interest to you.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site www.linguarama.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you: personal information, which includes all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Personal information may be gathered and stored in a number of ways including but not limited to the following situations; where you have expressly consented; during negotiations or discussions you have with marcus evans linguarama staff regarding our products and services; from social media channels; from online information; telephone conversations and any other electronic means. Where you have not expressly consented to us holding and using your personal information we shall continue to use and store your information where we have a legitimate interest to do such. Any such legitimate interest is set out in the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and our use of your personal information is in full compliance with the regulation. Legitimate Interest can apply to any of the following:Where you have consented to the processing of your data
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or to take steps to enter into a contract
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or another person
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority
- Necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by Linguamama or a third party
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call marcus evans linguarama
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, marketing, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We may use information held about you in the following ways:– Information you give to us and that we collect about you. We may use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you from time to time with the information, products and services from us
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will contact you by electronic means (e-mail) and telephone with
information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and (where we permit selected third parties to use your data), we (or they) will contact you by electronic means and by telephone if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please email us (email@example.com) situated on the form on which we collect your data; to notify you about changes to our service
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them
– Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If marcus evans linguarama or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
TERMS OF DATA STORAGE
We will store your personal data for a period necessary to fulfil our statutory obligations. This means that we will only store personal data for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it is processed or until you withdraw your consent to the processing of such data. Where statutory retention obligations must be complied with, the storage period for certain data may be up to 10 years, regardless of processing purposes.
You consent to us using your personal data for marketing purposes by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
>h3>ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have a right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the policy by submitting a written request to email@example.com
REMOVAL OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can request the removal of your personal information at any time by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org